- Johnston Youth Mentoring Program: JUMP is a school-based community mentoring program which matches Johnston students in grades 5-12 with an adult mentor. The mentor meets with their student one hour each week at school during the school year.
- Johnston DMARC Food Pantry: The Food Pantry opened in July 2010 and serves families struggling to make ends meet. The Johnston DMARC Food Pantry is supported by an active volunteer base and local churches.
- Johnston Clothes Closet: By reaching out to families in need, the Johnston Clothes Closet is able to provide gently used clothing, shoes and winter apparel to children and adults.
- Community Collaboration of Services: Collaboration with Polk Co. Health Department to bring health and other human services to the Johnston area
- Back-to-School Health + Immunization Clinic: Collaboration with Polk Co. Health Department to provide back-to-school physicals for Johnston area families.